Pages

Wednesday, August 03, 2011

In order to have a healthy lifestyle [I've taken 3 steps]


Health is wealth and I do believe on this. Health is more important than your money, If you're not healthy, if you're getting sick all the time, all your riches doesn't matter.

I got sick and admitted at the hospital last Saturday and discharge yesterday because of Acute Gastroenteritis infectious in etiology. Whew! thanks God it didn't get worse.

Yesterday when I was about to leave the  hospital, the nurse gave us the hospital bill. Our bill went up to 11 thousand plus, inlcuding the professional fee of the Doctor. I was thinking  that time if I don't have a Philhealth, I will pay  eleven thousand pesoses!. Luckily I have a Philhealth it lessen the total bill!.
I thought my bill ends there, but the Doctor gave me a prescription medicine . *Sigh, I have to by those medicine in order for me to fully recover.

Here's my follow up medicine for five days. I also research of its meaning through wikipedia.

Ciprofloxacin
Ciprofloxacin - is used to treat a number of infections including: infections of bones and joints, endocarditis, gastroenteritis, malignant otitis externa, respiratory tract infections, cellulitis, urinary tract infections, prostatitis, anthrax, chancroid, among others.

Appebon [Vitamin B-Complex + Iron Buclizine Hydrochloride] 
¤Appebon - I heard that Appebon vitamins is use on gaining extra pounds?., I don't know why the Doctor game this medicine, I'm not underweight naman!.

¤Buclizine Hydrochloride - is actually an antihistamine. It is of synthetic origin, belonging to Piperazine. Buclizine is mainly used for anti-emetic action, particularly in prevention of motion sickness. It is also used in combination with analgesics to treat migraine attacks. As an appetite stimulant, it is compared to cyproheptadine- an appetite stimulant banned in UK.
Unlike cyproheptadine, buclizine increases both appetite and absorption of food in the body. It doesn’t affect the growth hormone levels. Cyproheptadine increases appetite by inhibiting growth hormone. Therefore, cyproheptadine is not good for the growth in children. More to this, buclizine is better than cyproheptadine because it can maintain weight gain even after the discontinuation of treatment.

I don't want to get sick anymore and get admitted. So I have three things in my mind right now Eat right, Be Physically active and drink plenty glasses of water a day.

Eating right
¤I believe on the saying "You are what you eat". The notion that, to be fit and healthy you need to eat good food that is full of nutrients. Remember the lesson you had on your school days?, the GO, GLOW and GROW foods? . You should start to review that.

Physically active
¤Last year I started making a ran twice a month. I also have this basketball game with my officemates once a week. As far as you can imagine, I am physically active last year it keeps my body moving and healthy.
Unfortunately this year, it was a complete turn down for me. The only exercise I did is walking everyday going to office, fingers tap at my computer's keyboard for almost seven months. I convince myself that I was "too busy" but in reality I can make a time for it if I want to. I get physically lazy this year.

Drinking water
¤When I was admitted, most of my wardmates advice is to drink a lots! yeah a lots of water!. Don't you know that 75% of your body is water and 90% of your brain. But doesn't that tell you something? Keep a glass of water handy, there's nothing that can replace it. I used to drink coke more often, but because of what happened to me I begun to train myself drinking 8 -10 glasses a day. Drinking water is so important that you must add this to achieve your goal of a healthy body.


This one point cannot be emphasized enough - if you wait until you are thirsty, you are already dehydrated and this is affecting your cells.
It's been said that your sense of thirst decreases as you get older: it's probably true but not just because you're older.
This only happens if you tend to ignore your body. Your need for water certainly does not decrease.

Water is essential to all the vital functions of your body.

1. Reduces the risk of so many health issues people face, especially cancer: bladder, breast, colon and kidney. And done together with raw foods and cleansing, it's a natural cancer cure.
2. Regular hydration will boost your energy levels
3. It will also boost your immune system and mental sharpness.
4. You need water to speed up recovery from injuries.
5. Cleansing and detoxing absolutely requires water. Don't spend money on colon cleansers or any other detoxing system and then neglect drinking lots of water. You may be doing more harm than good.
6. Last but certainly not least, drinking water instead of liquids that rob your body will enhance sexual performance.

Its not late to change your lifestyle, Don't wait to get sick in order to value your health. Lesson learned from  experience. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment